2018: GA Smart Building opens a new frontier, acquiring the company Ossabois
Press

2018: GA Smart Building opens a new frontier, acquiring the company Ossabois

24.01.2018

GA Smart Building, designer, builder, developer and manager of tertiary buildings, becomes the new 100% shareholder of Ossabois, a company specialising in pre-fabrication and wooden modular construction.

After a good year in 2017 and a major operation for the Group, with the step-up in employee shareholding, now in the majority, at 60%, GA is continuing its expansion.

With nearly 300,000 m² under construction, the year stood out for the delivery of several head offices, in particular that of “Luminem”, the head office of the CCMSA in Bobigny and “Sunny”, a new regional head office for AXA Normandie, in Isneauville, near Rouen. Both those real estate complexes were delivered in record time.

The Group’s diversification strategy, meanwhile, was confirmed by the signing of the first operations in the field of health, with the independent outpatient surgery platform at La Pitié-Salpêtrière Hospital in Paris, and the hotel industry, with the construction of the MOXY Paris hotel and the renovation of the Auteuil Eiffel Tower hotel.

A strategy reinforced by the acquisition of Ossabois

For GA Smart Building, this acquisition contributes to multiple strategic objectives:

  • Improving the carbon footprint of its operations, by finding new, combined wood/concrete solutions, and thereby getting ahead on future regulations.
  • Further optimising its construction times by supplementing its constructive approach with Ossabois’ modular approach.
  • Speeding up its development on the residential market, in particular through hotel projects, student residences and mixed operations.
Sébastien Matty
Sébastien Matty
Chairman of GA Smart Building

Our aim is to quickly integrate OSSABOIS in a spirit of mutual contribution of skills and commercial development. It is also our ambition to strengthen our industrial model and consolidate our position as a benchmark player in the dry process and in off-site construction.

GA Smart Building has made significant commitments with regard to OSSABOIS: the present management and employment will be maintained, all the sites & production tools will be preserved, and the company’s equity will be reinforced.

Michel Veillon
Managing Director of OSSABOIS

This operation will enable OSSABOIS to enjoy lasting development by strengthening its position on its existing markets all the while offering it new opportunities.

Élodie Le Breton

Contact

Élodie Le Breton

Communication, Marketing and Sustainable strategy Director

Title

Fields marked with an asterisk are required. The information gathered via this form is provided to GA’s Communications Department. You are entitled to request from GA the right to access, rectify, erase or enjoy the portability of your personal data under the conditions provided for in the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679 – Chapter III – Data subject’s rights).

Find out more about managing your data and rights

Thank you for your message. Our teams will address it shortly.

Articles associés

A good 2016 and a major turning point for the GA Group in 2017 with the strengthening of employee share ownership which becomes the majority
Press
30.03.2017

A good 2016 and a major turning point for the GA Group in 2017 with the strengthening of employee share ownership which becomes the majority

On 9 march 2017, the GA Group conducted an operation to structure its shareholding. Until then, it had been 60% owned by PWREF I, advised by Aermont Capital, alongside the Group's employees who held the remaining 40%.

The GA Group restructures its organization and confirms its development strategy
Press
03.12.2014

The GA Group restructures its organization and confirms its development strategy

Eight months after joining the GA Group, Sébastien Matty is setting up a new organization designed to support the group's development.

The GA Group unveils its new identity
Press
15.10.2015

The GA Group unveils its new identity

With a new logo, a new internet site, and new Paris offices, the GA Group is reinventing itself and revisiting its visual identity. The fresh image reflects the dynamics of a forward-looking company.