A good 2016 and a major turning point for the GA Group in 2017 with the strengthening of employee share ownership which becomes the majority
Press

A good 2016 and a major turning point for the GA Group in 2017 with the strengthening of employee share ownership which becomes the majority

30.03.2017

On 9 march 2017, the GA Group conducted an operation to structure its shareholding. Until then, it had been 60% owned by PWREF I, advised by Aermont Capital, alongside the Group’s employees who held the remaining 40%. At the end of this operation, GA’s employees become 60% majority shareholders, PWREF I transferred its holding and the GA Group welcomed a pool of investors, brought together by IXO Private Equity, to the tune of 40%.

This change of ownership occurs after a 2016 that was very positive for the Group which had a turnover of 230 million euros, compared to 170 million in 2015 (+ 35.3%) and 125 million in 2014.

In 2016, GA had strong commercial growth with the doubling of its order book. Pursuing its strategy of diversification, GA also doubled the activity of its renovation business and achieved its first operations in the field of health. The year was also marked by the delivery of exceptional jobs such as the Thales Campus in Bordeaux, a 60,000-m² property complex developed in 18 months and intended to accommodate more than 2,600 employees of Thales’ airborne and avionics systems activities.

During 2016, the Group’s achievements were also distinguished by various awards. GA was thus awarded the Campus prize at the SIMI Awards and the Grand Prize at the Tekla Global BIM Awards – new world -, for the Thales Bordeaux Campus. GA has also been rewarded twice, at the Green Building Solutions Awards, by receiving the “Best Smart Building” award in the France and world categories, in the framework of COP 22, for its Agua headquarters. These distinctions underline and highlight the commitment of GA in innovation and the implementation of digital and technology solutions in the property business.

At the heart of the success of the GA Groupe, its model of original ownership

GA has always been committed to establishing a model for virtuous ownership, associating all employees who so wished with its capital and this, in conditions of strict equality, regardless of their position in the company.

Sébastien Matty
Sébastien Matty
Chairman of GA Smart Building

Having employee shareholders of the Group gives a particular meaning to our action and develops in all of us, commitment, attachment and loyalty to the company. This also allows us to share the value that we are creating together. To ensure the future and success of the group, we have therefore decided to strengthen our ownership model and to go further, with the ambition of controlling our destiny, to ensure our independence and to conduct a long-term action.

To achieve this, the GA group, accompanied by new financial partners, has chosen to make a takeover offer to its shareholder PWREF I, which has agreed to sell its 60% acquired in 2007. The pool of investors is led by iXO Private Equity, the most important independent actor in capital investment in the South of France, and brings together BPI France, BNP Développement, Grand Sud-Ouest Capital and Multicroissance.

Simultaneously, in the framework of a new LBO (Leverage Buy Out), taking the form of an MBO (Management Buy Out), all employees, as well as former employee shareholders, have been invited to invest or reinvest in the company’s capital, according to their choice and their opportunities. Among the Group’s 450 employees, more than half of them, all categories combined, now hold 60% of GA’s capital, with iXO Private Equity and its co-investors holding the remaining 40%.

Sébastien Matty
Chairman of GA Smart Building

I would like to thank Aermont capital and in particular Léon Bressler for their benevolent support during these last ten years and I would like to welcome our new shareholders.

Élodie Le Breton

Contact

Élodie Le Breton

Communication, Marketing and Sustainable strategy Director

Title

Fields marked with an asterisk are required. The information gathered via this form is provided to GA’s Communications Department. You are entitled to request from GA the right to access, rectify, erase or enjoy the portability of your personal data under the conditions provided for in the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679 – Chapter III – Data subject’s rights).

Find out more about managing your data and rights

Thank you for your message. Our teams will address it shortly.

Articles associés

2018: GA Smart Building opens a new frontier, acquiring the company Ossabois
Press
24.01.2018

2018: GA Smart Building opens a new frontier, acquiring the company Ossabois

GA Smart Building, designer, builder, developer and manager of tertiary buildings, becomes the new 100% shareholder of Ossabois, a company specialising in pre-fabrication and wooden modular construction.

Laughing your way to the desk: a short history of humour in the office
And tomorrow ?
08.07.2016

Laughing your way to the desk: a short history of humour in the office

Work is a serious matter, but it's possible to be funny while working! Humour, long kept restrained and subdued in the work context, is now recognized as an essential component.

The GA Group boosts its innovation department
Press
05.07.2016

The GA Group boosts its innovation department

The GA Group continues its innovation initiative and is reinforcing its research, development and innovation department with the appointment of Rémi Visière.Rémi Visière, 30, is the GA Group's new Director of Research, Development and Innovation.