“Imagine cities and living spaces that are more human, inclusive, liveable, environmentally-friendly and sustainable, and contribute now to the major challenge of the 21st century.”
Who better to take up such a challenge than a student ? A group of students ! Formed of 2 to 4 multidisciplinary students from all backgrounds, with 2 to 6 years of post-secondary studies, the teams are invited to come and win the innovative “Make the City” challenge, submitting their innovative ideas and projects to a jury of professionals in the real estate and construction sector.
3 categories interconnecting with the central challenges of the real estate industry sector
Launched by the Palladio Foundation, with its founders and patrons, and the open innovation platform Agorize, the “Make the City” challenge takes over from the Junior Real Estate Industry Award, which was held as part of the SIMI Professional Fair since 2008. The Make the City challenge will commend ideas in three categories: human and inclusive city and real estate; low-carbon and sustainable city and real estate; smart and connected city and real estate.
Go to the Agorize platform to submit your project
Are you a student with 2 to 4 years of post-Baccalaureate experience and an interest in taking up the challenge of the 21st century? Follow the instructions to apply:
- Go to the Agorize platform now
- Create your team or join one already at work ; to apply to teams looking for new faces, it’s right this way
- Submit your group project in one of the 3 categories open, before 15 November 2020.
From 16 to 22 November 2020, the projects will be reviewed by real estate industry professionals, who will select the top 30 entries. The jury, chaired by Sébastien Matty, Chairman of GA Smart Building, is composed of:
- Camille Barrois, Senior Vice President, Westbrook Partners
- Dimitri Boulte, Deputy Managing Director, SFL (Société Foncière Lyonnaise)
- Sofiane Chikh, Development Director, Eiffage Aménagement
- Benoît Labat, Director, Kareg Investment Management
- Corentin Le Faucheur, Chief Operating Officer, Backacia
- Sophie Letierce, Human Resources Director, Kaufman & Broad
- Anne Mollet, Deputy General Manager, Communauté des Entreprises à Mission
- Catherine Papillon, Sustainability/CSR Director, BNP Paribas Real Estate
- Marine Ulivieri, Asset Management Director, ADP Group
From 23 November 2020 to 10 January 2021, in-depth review will be carried out, before a new voting phase set to take place from 11 to 17 January 2021 during which the jury will choose the 2 finalist teams who will come pitch their projects at the 10th edition of the Forum des métiers de l’immobilier.
A heads up: a second vote for “The Public’s Pick” will be open to anyone interested. The teams’ projects will be put up for voting by “likes”, with the most-liked given the chance to join the 2 finalists to pitch their project!
And at long last, the grand finale of the 1st edition of the “Make the City” challenge will take place on 9 February 2021, at the 10th Forum of Real Estate and City Professions organised by the Palladio Foundation and Business Immo at the Palais des Congrès at Porte Maillot in Paris.
Up for grabs:
- €1,000 for each member of the winning team
- €500 for each member of the team coming in 2nd on the podium
- €200 for each member of the team ranked 3rd
Take up the challenge, Make the City!